I'm sending this on behalf of Dicky. It is prep to our regular monthly prayer meeting tomorrow night. We hope to see many of you regulars, non-regulars praying ppl tomorrow night at church (7:30 in the fellowship hall). If you are not coming then enjoy the short devo below! 😀
As we prepare for the tomorrow's prayer meeting, let's just come with sincere hearts – that's all God is looking/listening for! – take a minute to read to the devotion sharing below…
English congregation prayer meeting Friday, February 1, 2013
When It's Hard To Pray
Read: Romans 8:26-27
There is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. —Psalm 139:4
The Bible tells us that God knows our every thought and every word on our tongue (Psalm 139:1-4). And when we don't know what to pray for, the Holy Spirit "makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered" (Romans 8:26).
These biblical truths assure us that we can have communication with God even without a word being spoken, because He knows the intentions and desires of our heart. What a comfort when we are perplexed or in deep distress! We don't have to worry if we can't find the words to express our thoughts and feelings. We don't have to feel embarrassed if sometimes our sentences break off half-finished. God knows what we were going to say. We don't have to feel guilty if our thoughts wander and we have to struggle to keep our minds focused on the Lord.
And for that matter, we don't have to worry about a proper posture in prayer. If we are elderly or arthritic and can't kneel, that's okay. What God cares about is the posture of our heart.
What a wonderful God! No matter how much you falter and stumble in your praying, He hears you. His heart of infinite love responds to the needs and emotions of your own inarticulate heart. . So keep on praying! —Vernon Grounds
Prayer is the soul's sincere desire,
Unuttered or expressed,
The motion of a hidden fire
That trembles in the breast. —Montgomery
Prayer does not require eloquence but earnestness.
From: Our Daily Bread
· Get the Prize discipleship group.
· There are 5 people registered and another 5 trying out. Pray the group stays committed and reaps the fruit of their humbling and devotion.
· 2013 Church theme: “Sheep and Fishermen: Nurturing our Spiritual Life and Obeying the Great Commission”
· Luncheon and Family Meeting on Sunday, February 10.
· CNE (Church Neighborhood Evangelism) planning.
· Henry and Pastor Rici will start planning soon. Henry is taking the lead for this year's project.
· Pray for early planning: picking dates, picking neighbourhood, organizing early promotion and registrations
Exposed by His blood,
Associate Pastor – English-Speaking Congregation
Montreal Chinese Baptist Church
3567 St. Urbain st.
This post is also available in: Chinese